~~by April Mack

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hurry, hurry! So much to do...

I feel as though the clock is ticking and it is getting louder by the minute. It is a constant reminder that I need to hurry; there is so much to do. Yes, it has even got louder since I began this writing. I confess, I’m used to being in a hurry… I so often run late. I specialize in pulling things together at the last minute, I often procrastinate.

The Holidays are coming up and I will admit that I’ve not bought a turkey, made no travel arrangements, purchased no gifts. I haven’t even made a family Christmas photo, but that isn’t why I hear the clock ticking.

Next week about 25 people will be in my home for lunch. I’ve not written out the menu, not done any shopping. Some pansies should be planted, some pine straw strewn in the flower beds and I would love to sew up the curtains for the windows, a new rug would be great for the living room… but that is not why I hear the clock ticking.
I need to visit my loving family and give them my time. It’s been too long since I’ve hugged that sweet Daddy of mine. We need to sit around the table after a wonderful meal and talk about how good our great God has been.  Right now, there just isn’t time, but that is not why I hear the clock ticking.
My daughters are growing, life is so busy. They’ve outgrown their clothes and their hair needs a trim. The dentist is calling, their teeth need a cleaning, I must get them in. Running here and there, there’s so much to do, but that is not why I hear the clock ticking.  
My Saviour is yearning, He is putting out the call… “Who will go for me? Who will be my voice? I died so that the person you pass in the grocery store can have forgiveness. I bled so that your neighbor can have eternal life.  I had a crown of thorns placed on my head so that the teenagers that live in your county, the ones that seek material goods and sexual pleasure to find satisfaction, so that they will know that I am the only thing that satisfies. I was beaten so that the battered and bruised woman with a broken heart, the one that you just passed on the street, so that she can know that a man loves her and gave His life for her. Won’t you tell her?  I bear the scars so the weak, feeble lady with cancer that is enduring chemo treatment, you know her – you see her at church, so that she will know that by my stripes she is healed. Would you please remind her?  I allowed men to spit in my face so that those who are hurt, bitter and angry can find forgiveness for their soul, you see them every day. Won’t you tell them?” He tenderly says to me, “Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on…But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few. Matthew 9:37
For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.  Matthew 24:38-42
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. I Thessalonians 4:16-17

No comments:

Post a Comment